Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Days of '47 Parade....




Okay, this is the only way to parade. No big crowds, up close views of the floats, no kids running into the street, and no candy (i'm a mean mom). They had all the parade floats on display at the Sandy Expo Center today. Free Admission. We loved it. They had bands playing so you still got to hear the sound of a parade. They had free face painting and clowns making things out of balloons. It was great. We got to vote on our favorite floats. Sarah's was the Day's of '47 Royalty Float. It was very purple, pink, and flowery. :o) What a great little adventure for our family tonight, and it was FREE! :o)

5 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

That sounds like fun! I'll have to try to go next year, I have never heard about it! Cute pictures :)

Mike and Bridgett said...

What a fun thing to do. It would be fun to have a sneak peek at a parade. I like the same float that Sarah did. My kids are excited to see what your kids are up to on the blog. Yes, it has become their passion to read blogs as well...Nice bonding time with the kiddies...

Alecia said...

Cute pics, I wish we would have known about that... :)
ryanandaleciawells.blogspot.com

Sharlynn said...

Next time you need to have me go with you. Looks like fun!

Celeste NeVille said...

Katie, Hello. It has been a very long time. I came across your blog today and did not want to pass up the chance to say hi. You have the most adorable family, and it seem like you are doing well. Saratoga Springs is a beautiful place to live. I think about you and Canada often...It was all such a great experience that seemed to go by way to fast as has the time that we have been home. Well, take care, I just wanted to say hello, I seem to be a bit transient right now so the best way to get in touch with me is through email, celesteneville@gmail.com, I would love to hear from you.

Celeste NeVille.