Tuesday, February 10, 2009

idiopathic toewalkers....

Yes, many of you know, our kids, especially Sarah, walk on their toes. Well, today we went to our long awaited appointment at Primary Children's Hospital. Sarah and Olivia are now in their stretching casts, hoping that we won't have to move on to surgery to lengthen their achilles tendon. Olivia was excited to get her special little "boots" and happily chose pink and green for her new footwear. Sarah, wasn't excited about it at all, but knew if she didn't do this, she would have to have surgery. So she gave in and chose purple and red for her new footwear! They will have to wear them for two weeks, then go back and get new ones to wear for two more weeks. It's going to be an interesting month!




This pic, I just had to post. We heard Olivia crying downstairs in their bedroom. Jonathan yelled to Sarah for an explanation, and Sarah yells back, "Olivia's stuck in the curtains!" I run down their to find her like this. She was getting ready for bed, decided to run around in her underwear making "twirls" in the curtains. Her hair raised up and got caught in the twist, and she couldn't get out. I started laughing so hard. I yelled to Jonathan to get the camera. It's even funnier as a full length pic decked out in her pink undies and stretch casts. I just didn't think it would be appropriate....

3 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Wow girl! Your cute little girls. Can they walk in them? I am sorry they have to be in casts. I hope they don't have to have surgery at the end of all if this. Will Samuel need to do the same? Doesn't he walk on his toes too?

Does it hurt the girls? Tell us more! Or call me.

Beth said...

Wow - cast on their feet and legs. I sure hope the month goes well for everyone and the results are what you hope for!

Mike and Bridgett said...

I hope it goes well also! It wouldn't be fun to have two girls have surgery and be in pain let alone one!! Does Samuel walk on his tiptoes? I bet you get a lot of strange looks when you go places with your girls BOTH in casts on their feet. Keep us posted on the progress.