Thursday, September 18, 2008

Guess what I did last night!!


I CANNED PEACHES FOR THE FIRST TIME! This is so great! I loved it and it only took an hour. :o) I only did five quart size jars though. I had fun remembering all the times I helped my mom can peaches when I was little. My favorite part was peeling the skins off. It was great. They all sealed perfectly. It was kind of an impulse thing. I drove by a peach stand yesterday, bought some. Then ran to DI to look for an old bench to refinish and I found canning jars for only 25 cents a piece. I felt inspired. So I bought them. :o) And now I have home canned peaches! I love it. I truly feel like I accomplished something. Now I want to can other stuff! Peach Jam?

2 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Those look beautiful. You are such a homemaker!

Mandee said...

So fun! I canned peaches this week too. My first time ever and I think I am hooked. :)