Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

So far, it's been great. The Year, that is! ;o) Jonathan was able to party with us for our New Years Eve party. It was crazy! All the kids (from four families) were up until midnight to count down to the new year! We had lots of yummy food and fun times.

Today, first Sunday of the year, was awesome. Of course, Fast Sundays, are always wonderful. Sarah came to me last month after Fast Sunday and said she wanted to bear her testimony in Sacrament. It came to me as a surprise, she's kind of shy in front of people. I told her that this is something she needed to do on her own. I couldn't stand up there and help her. So we talked about it throughout the month of December, about what a testimony is and such. Then I forgot about it. Well today, with no Jonathan because of his work schedule, she comes to me and says she wants to bear her testimony. I told her to just do it in Primary. She said that she wanted to have me watch her. Well, I thought Primary testimonies were during Sharing Time, so I thought I wouldn't have been able to see her because I am in Senior Primary. So I asked her what she wanted to say and it goes like this:

Sarah: I'd like to bear my Testimony, I know this church is true, "mumble, mumble" something about friends.....
Mom: Sarah, Testimonies are about what you believe or know to be true. What to do you believe to be true....about the church?
Sarah: Welllll..... I know the lights always come on.

This is where I started laughing so hard, tears came rolling down.
She, of course, got mad at me. I apologized and went on. Sarah practiced again, then RAN up to the stand to bear her beautiful testimony:

"I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. Jesus is real. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

It was awesome. I was heart broken that Jonathan couldn't be there to see her. However, Jonathan WAS able to get off work early enough to actually attend Sacrament today. So it was a good day today. :o)

4 comments:

Mandee said...

How sweet! I'm sure you were so proud of her. I love the pure innocence of childrens testimonies.

The new pictures of your kids on the side are so cute!

Stacy said...

I was so proud (and a little surprised too) of little Sarah today, she did an awesome job and I think she is such a cutie.

Sharlynn said...

That is so dang cute. You are such a great mom and good example to your kids. None of my kids have never bore their testimonies in sacrament meeting. Tell Sarah good job and way to just tell it as it is. That is such a wonderful testimony. Those simple ones are the ones that just touch your heart.

Mike and Bridgett said...

I believe/know the lights will come on too! What is wrong with that? That is really awesome. Great job little/big Sarah. Can you believe how fast kids grow up? Thanks for the Christmas gift. It was perfect! I loved it ALL!!!!