Sunday, January 18, 2009

Raisin Filled Cookies...


Okay, they may sound pretty gross. But I LOVE them. Another tribute to My Dad. I wanted to make cookies the other day and was going through some recipes. Some I wouldn't make because they took too long, you know how that goes.... Well, when I came across these, I couldn't resist. They are a labor of love. The recipe made a whopping 24 cookies. ;o) My Dad loved these cookies. After I decided to make them, I realized that I haven't had one for about THREE YEARS! Dad seemed to make them a lot there at the end. Everytime I went up for a visit, there they were. I loved it. They really don't taste as bad as they sound. :o)

2 comments:

Janette said...

Interestingly enough, I ate these for the first time on Saturday at Nate's grandmas 80th birthday party. I was skeptical, but they were pretty good!

Stacy said...

Holy cow, I thought I was the only person alive that loves raisin filled cookies...Guess not! They are a labor of love, my grandma always made them and if she didn't feel like making them we would go to ZCMI and buy one(or two).
I still love them to this day. Did you know the bakery in Lehi sells them? They aren't as good as homemade, but when the mood strikes, they are still pretty good.