Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Garden


Yippee! These are carrots from my garden! Some of them grew kind of funky. This is the first year I have had a real garden. It's pretty small, just on the side of our house, but next year I want to tear out all that grass and grow a bigger garden. We had onions and I picked all those, then I have tons of green onions. Too many, so if you need any, let me know! Rhubarb is in the middle and I've cut it down once this year and now I need to do it again. That thing grows like a weed! Strawberries, transplanted raspberries, and a rosemary plant on the very end (can't see). I love the smell of rosemary. Samuel thought the carrots were pretty neat. That's what I'll be doing today is slicing/shredding carrots and putting them in the freezer. I love to watch things grow!

4 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Yeah! How exciting and neat that all is. I need to be a better gardner and then also get better at what to do with what I grow.

Mike and Bridgett said...

Great job on the garden. We have onions and more onions...I dug up some potatoes yesterday and made up a delicious batch of peas and potatoes and all 3 kids LOVED them! Always a good meal. I have a great recipe if you are ever interested. Keep up the good work.

Andrea Whidden said...

Yeah, way to go, what a giant green thumb you have:)

Alecia said...

That's awesome, congrats on your gardening accomplishments!